Study Danish at the University of Pittsburgh. Learn the basics in Danish 1 and continue to build on these skills in Danish 2. Danish is a great language to use to fulfill your language requirement or to learn in order to better communicate with friends and family. Whatever your reasoning, studying Danish, taught by Tamara Bojsen, at the University of Pittsburgh will be one of the best decisions you make!
Two levels of Danish instruction are offered at the University of Pittsburgh. For more information, please click here.
Why Study Danish?
- Learning Danish will help you communicate in the other Scandinavian languages
- To read Hans Christian Andersen stories in his native language
- According to the World Happiness Report by the United Nations, the people in Denmark are happier than anyone else in the world!
Use Danish to Earn Pitt Credentials
- Certificate in European Union Studies
- Certificate in West European Studies
- Certificate in Transatlantic Studies
- Related Concentration in European and Eurasian Studies
- Global Studies Certificate
- General Education Requirements
- Linguistics Major Language Requirement
What do students say?
"Learning Danish has allowed me to find an outlet for my insatiable curiosity about the world and its many cultures." -Graham, '21
"Knowledge of Danish has given me information and language experience for a country in which I wish to study." -Kayla, '21